Saturday, March 31, 2012

TO REMODEL OR NOT TO REMODEL?

My Father in law is doing quite well in independent living.  He's thriving I'm happy to report.  However, it is time to sell his home...just to pad his account a bit.  He is the original owner of this 1957 ADORABLE brick ranch home.  With my hubby in tow - we really gave this situation a ton of thought and tried our best to educate ourselves as to whether an update would give us an edge in selling this home.  We decided it would.  What an education this has been!!!  Interviewing multiple Contractors; negotiating price based on how much work we would do as well; reface vs replace cabinets; composite vs steel tubs; how much electrical updating to do; do we pull a permit?  You get the picture.  It's 60 days into the process and I'd say we're 3/4's of the way thru.  It's been arduous and Lowes/Home Depot now feel like home to me...those Associates now know me by name!  The house is going to be a wonderful home to show and list.  I'm glad we decided to go for it and do this.  Soon we will put pencil to paper and work out what we spent vs what we would like re-coup in a sale.....  Now to find the perfect PRICE!  OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment